Tucepi is a place in the region of Split. Tucepi is located on the shores of the Adriatic in the county of Split-Dalmatia. As part of the “Makarska Riviera” it is popular with Croatian and European travelers. Well-known for it’s Mediterranean climate, and white pebble beaches, it is a haven for those who enjoy water sport and outdoor activities. Accommodation ranges from hotels and all-inclusive resorts to private villas and apartments. A good selection of restaurants, cafes, and taverns is available.
>== Pictures of Tucepi==
- Support us and upload pictures of Tucepi (you need to be registered to upload pictures).
- More pictures of Tucepi
How to get to Tucepi
Here is Tucepi located
Use the mouse and the +/- buttons on the left to navigate within the map of Tucepi.
History of Tucepi
Over 4,000 years ago the Illyrians first settled, drawn to the mild weather and plentiful and natural springs. Tucepi is even now a home to terraced gardens, olive groves, and vineyards. There are many sites of historical interest in the area and some of the oldest artifacts found date to Classical Antiquity. Through the Middle Ages Tucepi was ruled by the Bosnians, but like much of the Mediterranean, changed hands over the centuries and was also ruled by the Turks and Venetians .
What to see in Tucepi
- White pebble beaches lined with olive and pine.
- Tumuli – prehistoric burial mounds and an ancient stone fort overlooking the village.
- Sutvid Hill – archaeological finds dating to the Roman period including a necropolis.
- Church of Our Lady’s Birth – Dalmatian Provincial Baroque church from 1703 with several elements from the fifth century.
- St. George’s – A Romanesque-Gothic church.
- Mount Biokovo provides stunning views of the town and surrounding sea.
- Small shopping areas including fresh produce stands.
Excursions in the region of Tucepi
- Canoe safari or river rafting
- Day trips to various cities such as Split and Medjugorje
- Day trips to islands such as Korcula, Mljet
- Biokovo Mountain hike
Sports & leisure opportunities in Tucepi
- Paddle boats
- Kite surfing
- Hiking trails
- Bicycle trails
- Sand volleyball
Beaches in Tucepi
- Is it possible to go swimming in Tucepi? If yes, write down here the best beaches in Tucepi.
Where to eat in Tucepi
There are many choices in food and drink with seafood being a focus. Traditionally a small glass of brandy, cognac, or liqueur is offered as an aperitif with strong espresso to follow the meal. Choices of venue include:
– Restaurants – including restauracija restoran and family-run konobas.
– Wine Cellars and Taverns
Where to stay in Tucepi
- You know some good accomodations in Tucepi? Write them down here.
Nightlife and entertainment in Tucepi
Tucepi is a quiet town and there is little nightlife. Most visitors looking for excitement will travel to nearby Makarska.
Cultural events in Tucepi
- Calendar of arrangements for the region near Tucepi
For more Info go to Tucepi24.com
- Forum about Croatia
- News of Croatia
|This article needs your support to be finished. If you know more about Tucepi please add your knowledge to this article. On this page you can find more information of how you can contribute to this wiki.|