Kastel Novi is a town in Dalmatia (Croatia). Kastel Novi is part of the Kastela Riviera, a series of seven small settlements along the coast in the Dalmatian region of Croatia. These modern day towns are steeped in history and surrounded by beauty, and the settlement of Kastel Novi no exception.
>== Pictures of Kastel Novi==
- Support us and upload pictures of Kastel Novi (you need to be registered to upload pictures).
- Novi More pictures of Kastel Novi
How to get to Kastel Novi
Kastel Novi is in the middle of Kastela and is accessible on main roads that run along the coast.
Here is Kastel Novi located
Use the mouse and the +/- buttons on the left to navigate within the map of Kastel Novi.
History of Kastel Novi
The entire Kastela region has been popular for centuries. With roots back to Greek times when sailors stopped at the beautiful ports, much of the region was settled later. Kastel Novi in particular began to look like its modern day self during the rule of Pavo Cipiko, who built a fortress there in the 1500s. From there, the settlement of Kastel Novi began to grow up around it, creating many of the historic buildings and streets still standing today. Though the government shifted hands various times throughout history, the scenic appeal of Kastel Novi remained constant.
What to see in Kastel Novi
- Fortress: One of the older structures in Kastel Novi, the fortress of this settlement dates back to the sixteenth century built under the direction of Cipiko. Now tourists are drawn to the fortress for its historical and cultural significance. This castle has also been converted into a museum with exhibits that highlight the history and culture of the region.
- Main Square: The town center dates back to earlier times and is an enjoyable sight for visitors to peruse and enjoy. With a clock tower and church, the square is the center of town and the heart of Kastel Novi.
- Biblical Garden: Planted just a few years ago, the Biblical Garden in Novi is designed with the intention of showcasing every plant mentioned in the Bible, offering an unusual experience for guests.
- Wineries: Kastel Novi is also noted for its quality wine, grown and produced in the highlands above the settlement. Even if guests choose not to tour a winery, tasting the wine at local eateries is a must.
Excursions in the region of Kastel Novi
Kastel Novi is just one settlement of seven in Kastela. The other settlements all offer their own distinct features, some with sandy beaches or popular discos that offer great options for excursions from Kastel Novi.
Sports & leisure opportunities in Kastel Novi
- Do you know some sports & leisure opportunities in Kastel Novi? Write them down here to support other travellers to Kastel Novi.
Beaches in Kastel Novi
Kastel Novi borders the sea with pebble beaches. While these beaches may not be sand, they are scenic and family-friendly, offering guests the option of enjoying sundry water activities.
Where to eat in Kastel Novi
- You know some good restaurants in Kastel Novi? Write them down here.
Where to stay in Kastel Novi
- You know some good accomodations in Kastel Novi? Write them down here.
Nightlife and entertainment in Kastel Novi
- You know nice bars or dicos in Kastel Novi? Write them down here.
Cultural events in Kastel Novi
- Calendar of arrangements for the region near Kastel Novi
- Forum about Croatia
- News of Croatia
|This article needs your support to be finished. If you know more about Kastel Novi please add your knowledge to this article. On this page you can find more information of how you can contribute to this wiki.|