Goli otok Island
Goli Otok is a place in the region of Kvarner. Located in Croatia’s prominent tourist center, Goli Otok is located in between the two well known and desirable vacation island resorts called Rab and Krk. Adjacent to the island of Goli Otok you will find an island known as Grgur, which at one time served as a major prison encampment establishment for women. For nearly two whole decades, Goli Otok has been established as a very accessible island destination that is available to all visitors today. The island of Goli Otok is roughly estimated at being two kilometers in diameter in length, as well as in width. It is an island filled with beautiful ocean views available from the Croatian shoreline. The number of people residing on the island of Goli Otok is not all that very high, as it is sparsely populated. Thus, tourists are provided with a quiet environment to relax in. The brush, rocks and boulders on this island are almost everywhere you look, and the island has many quarries to come across. It is a small, desert-like location. There are some interesting manmade landmarks to be found. There are abandoned shipyards, mills, old empty factories and even a large, empty facility that once served as a prison camp for convicted men. With its crumbling military camps and old harbor shoppes, the island of Goli Otok mostly serves as a historical site to visiting tourists. The main source of industry on this island is agriculture. Farming and fishing take up most of the job occupations of residents here. Sheep are found to be grazing everywhere in the fields, and the primary fishng docks are always busy. In the town near the fishing docks, you will find small restaurants, workshops, locksmiths and even a printing house. Goli Otok is a small island and a quaint, charming place to visit. Its historical landmarks make the trip a most interesting one, and the beautiful oceanic views from along the coastline are always available for your enjoyment. It is the perfect place to go if you are searching for the peaceful atmosphere you need, interesting historical value and beautiful ocean scenery.
>== Pictures of Goli otok Island==
Image:FISCHFANGTOUR RAPSKI KANAL 124 IMG 6439.JPG|Insel Goli otok
Image:FISCHFANGTOUR RAPSKI KANAL 048 IMG 6366.JPG|Ehemalige Gefängnisgebäude auf der Insel Goli otok
- Support us and upload pictures of Goli otok Island (you need to be registered to upload pictures).
- otok Island More pictures of Goli otok Island
How to get to Goli otok Island
- Support us! Write how to get to Goli otok Island.
Here is Goli otok Island located
Use the mouse and the +/- buttons on the left to navigate within the map of Goli otok Island.
History of Goli otok Island
- Support us! And write a bit about the history of Goli otok Island.
What to see in Goli otok Island
- Do you know some sights in Goli otok Island? Write them down here to support other travellers to Goli otok Island.
Where to stay in Goli otok Island
- You know some good accomodations in Goli otok Island? Write them down here.
Hotels in Goli otok Island
Camping sites in Goli otok Island
Private accomodations in Goli otok Island
Sports & leisure opportunities in Goli otok Island
- Do you know some sports & leisure opportunities in Goli otok Island? Write them down here to support other travellers to Goli otok Island.
Beaches in Goli otok Island
- Is it possible to go swimming in Goli otok Island? If yes, write down here the best beaches in Goli otok Island.
Where to eat in Goli otok Island
- You know some good restaurants in Goli otok Island? Write them down here.
Nightlife and entertainment in Goli otok Island
- You know nice bars or dicos in Goli otok Island? Write them down here.
Cultural events in Goli otok Island
- Do you cultural events in Goli otok Island? Write them down here.
Excursions in the region of Goli otok Island
- Do you know some excursions in Goli otok Island? Write them down here to support other travellers to Goli otok Island.
- Forum about Croatia
- News of Croatia
|This article needs your support to be finished. If you know more about Goli otok Island please add your knowledge to this article. On this page you can find more information of how you can contribute to this wiki.|
CommentsSo empty here ... leave a comment!