Welcome to the adventure of your lifetime. A place to find modernism and tradition combined perfectly, creating friendliness, modesty and exotic adventure. A perfect place for solitude and self discovery, with great parties and religious sightseeing just around the corner. A warmth ambiance that welcomes you every time you need it, and intoxicating parties whenever you feel like it. Welcome to Baska Voda.
>== How to get to Baska Voda==
Situated right by the beach, Baska Voda is easy to reach. You may reach Baska Voda by land from many other cities through the highway. Split airport, only 75 km (around 30 miles) away from the city of Baska Voda is your gateway to the world. But airport Dubrovnik (Croatia), airport Zagreb (Croatia), airport Zadar (Croatia) and airport Sarajevo (Bosnia) is also reachable from Baska Voda. But if You are an adventurous seaman who are looking for a little challenge, forget the land and air travel, you can rent boat and yacht on the port for a little travel on the beautiful Adriatic sea to Makarska (10 km) and any destination you want in Croatia.
Pictures of Baska Voda
- Support us and upload pictures of Baska Voda (you need to be registered to upload pictures).
- Voda More pictures of Baska Voda
History of Baska Voda
Baska Voda is an ancient city. Many artefacts of prehistoric life were found and keep safe until now. Many historian associate the name Baska Voda with the ancient city of Biston. Once populated with Roman and Illyrians, the culture is mixed with Croats who came in the 7th century.
Although after the 7th century the town activity were moved to the foot of Mt. Biovoko for the next thousand years, pirate threat force the residents to move back into the coastal area. The harbor of Baska Voda is constructed in 1912 and became the most important harbor around the area for through this harbor, trade between islands and Biovoko took place. The town continued to improve since then. The first hotel built was Hotel Slavija in 1930s.
Today, Baska Voda grown into a city of tourism. After the Magistrala (Highway throughout the coastal of Adriatic Sea) is built, and the Serbian agression over, the town improved its facilities, including renewed hotels and private houses. Besides accomodations,
What to see in Baska Voda
- Do you know some sights in Baska Voda? Write them down here to support other travellers to Baska Voda.
Excursions in the region of Baska Voda
- Do you know some excursions in Baska Voda? Write them down here to support other travellers to Baska Voda.
Sports & leisure opportunities in Baska Voda
- Do you know some sports & leisure opportunities in Baska Voda? Write them down here to support other travellers to Baska Voda.
Beaches in Baska Voda
- Is it possible to go swimming in Baska Voda? If yes, write down here the best beaches in Baska Voda.
Where to eat in Baska Voda
- You know some good restaurants in Baska Voda? Write them down here.
Where to stay in Baska Voda
- Accommodation in Baska Voda
- You know some good accomodations in Baska Voda? Write them down here.
Nightlife and entertainment in Baska Voda
- You know nice bars or dicos in Baska Voda? Write them down here.
Cultural events in Baska Voda
- Calendar of arrangements for the region near Baska Voda
- Forum about Croatia
- News of Croatia
- Interal links to neighbouring places, big cities or sights near Baska Voda
- Link to website of Baska Voda
|This article needs your support to be finished. If you know more about Baska Voda please add your knowledge to this article. On this page you can find more information of how you can contribute to this wiki.|