Pomer is a small village (250 inhabitants) in the southern part of Istria. It is located between Pula and Medulin. Situated above the shallow Pomer Cove, suitable for cultivation of oysters and mussels. A tourist campsite is located nearby, in a pine grove.
>== How to get to Pomer==
If you travel from Pula you can reach Pomer easily by following the signs. Just follow the direction of Premantura. In Banjole you turn left to Pomer. There is also a direct way from Medulin to Pomer.
Pictures of Pomer
Here is Pomer located
Use the mouse and the +/- buttons on the left to navigate within the map of Pomer.
History of Pomer
- The remains of the Roman and early Christian graves have been excavated on the locality of St. Andrew.
- The parish church of St. Mary keeps a wooden statue of the Virgin Mary (16th c.), a painting depicting the Visitation of Our Lady to Elisabeth (16th c.) and a gold-plated bronze crucifix (15th c.).
What to see in Pomer
- The graveyard church of St. Fiora (fragments of frescos) is a Romanesque building with a semicircular protruding apse.
- Ruins of the Byzantine graveyard church of St. John with the floor mosaic are located in the Funtana Bay.
Excursions in the region of Pomer
The following excursions are on the coast of Istria:
The following excursions are in the inner part of Istria:
Sports & leisure opportunities in Pomer
There are plenty of sports and leisure opportunities in Pomer. Especially if you prefer water sports Pomer has much to offer.
Beaches in Pomer
- Beaches of Rt Kamenjak
- The small bays of Islands Frašker and Fraškeric (Banjole)
- Bijca, der sand beach of Medulin
- Munte beach in Premantura
- Citinera beach in Banjole
- Beach of Pješcana uvala
- Beach of the Camp Pomer
Where to eat in Pomer
Where to stay in Pomer
Nightlife and entertainment in Pomer
Besides of some restaurants and winebars Pomer has not much to offer. Visit Pula if you look for nightlife and entertainment.
Cultural events in Pomer
- In summer folk festivals are organized, as well as chamber music concerts held in churches.
Experiences and opinions from former Pomer travellers
- Pomer is really small sea village, which is typical for the region. Besides of some nices beaches, it has not much to offer. –Filip 17:18, 4 January 2007 (CET)
- Accomodations in the region of Pomer
- Forum about Croatia
- News of Croatia
- Further pictures of Pomer
|This article needs your support to be finished. If you know more about Pomer please add your knowledge to this article. On this page you can find more information of how you can contribute to this wiki.|